Children’s Ministries is excited to announce that all 3rd thru 5th graders have an opportunity to receive a keepsake Bible by participating in MVPC’s Bible Basics Class on five consecutive Sundays starting August 28th from 9:30-10:45 am in the Family Ministry Center (FMC), downstairs in Room 211/212.
Purpose and Partnership
One of the core beliefs of our program is that two combined influences have more impact than each could have on its own. When the church and family partner together to influence the hearts of their children, the effect will be greater. So we want to take every opportunity we can to create shared experiences for parents and kids. Our goal is to put resources in the hands of parents because we know that ultimately what happens at home is more important than what happens here at church. With that, we ask that at least one parent attend the first and fourth class with their child. Attendance is important, so please make it a priority for you and your child to attend. If you find your schedule cannot accommodate all of the classes at this time, please contact Alyson Tonomura to see if special arrangements can be made.
The curriculum for Bible Basics will focus on using the Bible. Kids will learn stories and the history of the Bible, and complete in-class and at-home exercises looking up verses and using the concordance.
Dates, Times, and Location
- August 28th, 9:30-10:45am, Room 211/212 (parents attend with their Bible Basics student)
- September 4th, 9:30-10:45am, Room 211/212
- September 11th, 9:30-10:45am, Room 211/212
- September 18th, 9:30-10:45am, Room 211/212 (parents attend with their Bible Basics student)
- September 25th: Bible Basics students are presented with their Bibles during the 9:30am worship service and we will have a short celebration for families at 10:45am following the service. More information about this special day will be provided as we approach the date.
There are so many things in this world that distract us from learning about God’s love and grace and how to share it with others. Thanks in advance for teaming up with us to make Bible Basics a valuable milestone experience for your child! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call or email. We look forward to the next few weeks being exciting and enriching for your student and you!