Or text “mvpc” to 73256 to give any amount (Tutorial Video)
Additional Giving Resources
- Online Pledge Card
- How to Give from a Donor Advised Fund (PDF)
- How to Give Online from a Computer (Tutorial Video)
- How to Give Online from a Cell Phone (Tutorial Video)
Learn about planned giving through the MVPC Foundation and our Ten Talents Fellowship.
About Giving at MVPC
God entrusts to us our time, talent and treasure to use to care for ourselves and others to advance the kingdom. It is not a gift to be used as we see fit but rather an entrustment to use wisely for kingdom work.
Stewardship is a spiritual discipline much like praying and reading the bible. People just need to start doing it to form a habit to receive the blessing and then realize why the LORD requires it. Below is the portrait of a biblical giver.
1. The giver needs to be intentional making up their mind to sow bountifully and walk out that plan. (2 Corinthians 9:6-7)
2. They need to be regular whenever they receive it to establish a pattern. (1 Corinthians 16:2)
3. They need to be generous because that is the best way to break the power of money or time spent on things to demonstrate where their heart truly lies. (Luke 12:34, 2 Corinthians 9-8)
4. The giver needs to show God’s entrustment of time, talent and treasure is a first fruit to kingdom work before one’s own needs. (Deuteronomy 26:1-2)
5. One must give in proportion to what the LORD has entrusted and sacrificially. (Mark 12:41-44) Since the time, talent, and treasure are 100% God’s, what percentage do you really need to live on and have for yourself? (Matthew 25:31-46)
6. At the core, stewardship is a heart issue and God loves a cheerful giver. (2 Corinthians 9:7) If the giver does the first five then they will become cheerful.